------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
A quick, easy and tasty grilled chicken. Two cheeses plus mushrooms, onions and peppers, make this a winner. I found this on a web site called Recipezaar. Give it a try.
Smothered Grilled Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 2 tablespoons Lowry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices American cheese
- Pound breasts a little until they are the same thickness. Sprinkle chicken breast with Seasoned salt.
- Place on grill cook over medium heat until done. Don’t overcook!
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. When bacon is done drain skillet, leaving about 1 teaspoon bacon grease.
- Place skillet back on stove on low heat and sauté mushrooms, onions and peppers for approx. 15 minutes or until tender
- Place cooked chicken breast on baking sheet. Cover each breast with BBQ sauce.
- Place 2 slices of cooked bacon on each chicken breast and cover with mushrooms, onions and peppers, a slice of mozzarella cheese and a slice of American cheese.
- Place cookie sheet with chicken back on grill, close lid and leave just long enough for cheese to melt.