------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
Grandma Cunningham’s Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 lbs. Velveeta Cheese,cubed
- 1- 13oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2- 4oz. jars diced pimentos
- In a large sauce pan beat eggs, add evaporated milk and butter. Cook on medium high heat and stir continuously. Cook until this comes to a pudding like consistency.
- You need to stir constantly and vigorously. This is so the eggs don’t cook in little clumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in pimentos and then Velveeta cheese.
- Continue stirring until smooth. Sometimes I put it back on the heat on low, so the cheese melts.
- When smooth, let cool and store in covered container in refrigerator.
It’s great with chips, crackers or on a sandwich.