------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
How to Prepare Southern Fried Chicken ??
- 2lbs cut up chicken
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat eggs and water. Add hot sauce and whisk together.
- In a small bowl combine ground black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. In another bowl or pie plate combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pat dry chicken pieces with a paper towel. Sprinkle chicken pieces generously on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Dip chicken pieces into the hot sauce mixture and coat thoroughly. One piece at a time, roll chicken pieces in the flour mixture and drop into the deep fryer. Don’t overload the deep fryer with chicken.
- Fry chicken until brown and crisp (dark meat will take about 14 minutes, white meat about 10 minutes). A good way to tell if it’s done is to pierce the deepest part of the bone with a fork, if the juices run clear, it’s done.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken is fried.