Welcome to KMT Show! Are you ready to elevate your steak game with a mouthwatering dry rub recipe? You’ve found what you’re looking for, Kitchies! We’ve got a fantastic Ribeye Steak recipe that will have you savoring every bite.
Imagine the tantalizing aroma of perfectly seasoned steak sizzling on the grill. The flavors are reminiscent of the famous Texas Roadhouse, and you can now recreate that experience in your own kitchen. Our dry rub recipe takes your Ribeye steak to new heights, delivering tender and flavorful results.
This Ribeye Steak recipe is all about simplicity and incredible taste. With just a few basic condiments, you can enhance the natural flavors of the steak and achieve that irresistible Texas Roadhouse vibe.
The best part?
This marinating recipe is incredibly simple. The most challenging part is resisting the temptation to constantly tinker with the grill. Trust me, once you’ve adjusted it properly, you’re good to go. Just ensure you time your cooking correctly (see instructions below), and you’ll soon be savoring a perfectly cooked, juicy steak. Let’s delve into some more details to help you achieve steak perfection:
Determining when to apply the dry rub to your steak depends on two methods that yield great results:
- 40 minutes before cooking: Applying the dry rub 40 minutes prior allows the salt to permeate the surface of the meat through osmosis. This process not only enhances the flavor but also works to tenderize the meat by breaking down the muscle fibers. During this time, any liquid that initially surfaced on the meat will be reabsorbed, resulting in a juicy and succulent final result.
- Overnight marination: For a deeper infusion of flavors, you can apply the dry rub to your steak the day before and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Although the surface may appear dry in the morning, rest assured that only around 5% of moisture will be lost. This is significantly less compared to the moisture loss that occurs if you were to cook the steaks immediately, which can be up to 20%. Feel free to explore more about this method and its benefits.
Remember, timing is key when it comes to achieving the perfect steak. By following these guidelines, you’ll unlock a world of incredible flavors and tender, juicy meat that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Enjoy the journey to steak perfection!
So, let’s get started KMT Show ! Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe so special :
Prep Time: 45 minutes (including marinating time)
Cook Time: 9-15 minutes (depending on desired doneness)
Total Time: 54-60 minutes
- 2 teaspoons kosher coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Ribeye steaks
It’s time to put on your KMT chef’s hat and start create your own version, Kitchies!! Simply follow these easy-peasy steps!
How to Prepare the Ribeye Steak:
Step 1: In a quarter-liter Ziploc bag, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Seal the bag tightly and shake well to blend all the flavors.
Step 2: Generously coat each side of the Ribeye steaks with the dry rub mixture. Allow the steaks to rest for about 40 minutes. During this time, the salt will penetrate the surface, tenderizing the meat and allowing the flavors to develop.
Step 3: Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high heat. Once the grill is nice and hot, place the seasoned steaks on the grates.
Step 4: Cook the steaks for 4-5 minutes on the first side, until they develop a brown, slightly charred crust. Flip the steaks and continue.
Cooking for an additional:
5 minutes: Medium Rare
7 minutes: Medium
10 minutes: Well Done
Step 5: Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and juicy meat.
Substitutions and Variations:
- For a spicier kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the dry rub mixture.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor profile to your liking.
- If you prefer a different cut of steak, such as New York Strip or Filet Mignon, feel free to use the same dry rub method.
Master this recipe like a Pro/Expert with these helpful Tips:
For best results, choose well-marbled Ribeye steaks to ensure maximum tenderness and flavor.
Make sure to let the steaks come to room temperature before seasoning and grilling. This helps the meat cook more evenly.
Don’t skip the resting period after grilling. Allowing the steaks to rest ensures a juicy and flavorful outcome.
And there you have it! A perfectly seasoned Ribeye steak that will impress your taste buds. Don’t forget to let us know how your steak turned out, and consider checking out some of our other O! Recipes for more culinary inspiration.
Categories: Grilling, Steak, Texas Roadhouse, Flavorful
Are you curious about anything else? Take a look at the most frequently questions Below we get about this recipe:
Can I use a different cut of steak for this recipe?
Absolutely! While this recipe specifically calls for Ribeye steak, you can use other cuts like New York Strip or Filet Mignon. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make the dry rub in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the dry rub ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for several weeks, allowing you to easily season your steaks whenever you desire.
Is it necessary to let the steak rest after grilling?
Yes, resting the steak after grilling is essential. It allows the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak. Aim to let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Can I adjust the spice level of the dry rub?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the amount of spices according to your personal preference. If you prefer a spicier steak, you can increase the amount of chili powder or add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Can I cook the steak using a different cooking method?
While this recipe focuses on grilling the steak, you can also pan-sear or broil it. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly to achieve your desired level of doneness.
We hope these FAQs answered any questions you had about preparing the perfect Ribeye steak. Happy cooking!