------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
How to Make this Easy Delish Vanilla Custard Magic Bars Recipe Enjoy it and don’t forget to share it! Sharing is Caring!!
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Powdered sugar, as needed, garnish
- Preheat oven to 325º F and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a completely dry bowl or stand mixer, beat egg whites (making sure there is no yolk in the whites) until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and powdered sugar until thickened and lightened in color.
- Add melted butter and 1 tablespoon water into ribbony egg yolk mixture until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually mix in flour and salt until evenly incorporated, then mix in milk and vanilla extract.
- Take 1/3 egg whites and fold it gently into batter. Once incorporated, fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is just set, but still a little jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Optional: refrigerate to speed up chilling process.
- Slice into bars and dust with powdered sugar to serve. Enjoy!