- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 ( 16 oz.) cans pork and beans
- 3 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion in a little bit of oil until soft.
- Add Pork and beans, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup and lemon juice.
- Top with bacon pieces.
- Bake, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes.
Sometimes I cook the bacon first and then remove the grease. Gets rid of some of the fat.
I got this from one of Paula Dean’s cookbooks. I like that you use pork and beans and just dress them up. Just a little different than some of the other recipes for baked beans I’ve tried. Easy to double or even triple for a large crowd.