· 1 cup raw oats
· 1 cup almond meal/flour
· 2 TBSP coconut oil
· 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
· 2 stevia packets
· 1 cup pitted dates (160 g)
· 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
· 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
· 2 TBSP water
· 3 stevia packets
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰ F. Grind the oats into a flour.
- In a bowl, mix the oats with the remaining base ingredients.
- Spray a 4×9 baking dish with nonstick spray and spread the base dough into the dish.
- Bake at 350⁰ F for 18-20 minutes.
- Prepare the topping. Blend the dates in a blender into fine pieces. If the dates are not soft enough, it helps to let them soak in water for at least 3 hours.
- Place the chopped dates in a small pan over a stove with the almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Let simmer over a low heat, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Once the sauce has thickened like caramel, stir in the coconut.
- Spread this topping on top of the cookie base once it has finished baking.
- Mix the cocoa powder, water, and stevia. Drizzle on top of the bars.
- Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy.
nutritional information per serving
274 calories; 17 g fat, 30 g carbs (6 g fiber), 6 g protein