------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
How to Make Roasted Garlic Chicken Skillet ??
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast tenders, trimmed of fat and pounded to an even thickness
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Seasoned Flour:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Egg Wash:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups panko or seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- vegetable oil, as needed, for frying
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 heads garlic, ends cut off, roasted and mashed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place garlic (with stems removed) cut side up on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then tightly seal. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Pour buttermilk into a large bowl and soak chicken pieces for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large, shallow bowl or dish, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Whisk together eggs and water in a second shallow bowl or dish, then set next to flour mixture.
- In a third bowl, whisk panko breadcrumbs together with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Take buttermilk-soaked chicken and shake off excess liquid, then transfer to seasoned flour, making sure to coat all sides.
- Dip flour-coated chicken in egg wash, then shake off excess. Finally, dredge chicken in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and, working in batches, brown chicken on both sides. 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add butter to any remaining oil in skillet and heat until melted, then whisk in flour and mashed garlic to create a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, until lightly browned, then stir in chicken broth.
- Once smooth, stir in heavy cream, parmesan and parsley, cooking until it just starts to bubble up.
- Return chicken to pan, coating it in sauce, cover and cook, reducing heat to low, for another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Bake At Midnite