I made this recipe the other night. I love fried chicken and because of how much work it is and the mess I make, making it, I don’t make it. I found this recipe from The Recipe Rebel. It tastes wonderful, almost like fried and was way less messy and so easy.
I used bone-in legs and thighs. I cooked them for 45 minutes on 400, flipping half way through.
When I went back to The Recipe Rebel website I noticed she had added 1/2 cup Panko Bread crumbs to this recipe. I will try that next time.
- 3 boneless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 2 to 3 strips each
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place the butter in a 9×13 baking dish and place it in the oven to melt
- Combine the flour, salt, seasoning salt, pepper and paprika in a Ziploc bag and toss to mix
- Add the chicken and toss to coat all the chicken pieces, do only two or three pieces at a time
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken pieces in the melted butter, making sure the pieces are not touching or overlapping.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the chicken using tongs and return to the oven to cook an additional 10-12 minutes on the other side
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove the baking dish from the oven and move the chicken to paper towels to drain any excess grease. Serve immediately