------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
This is How to Make this Amazing Copycat Chick fil A Nuggets Recipe :
Wet Ingredients :
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon M.S.G. optional
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
Dredging Mixture :
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon M.S.G optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For Frying :
- 2 to 4 cups peanut oil
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes (nugget-sized pieces). In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, egg, salt, and M.S.G. (if using). Add in nugget pieces and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, pour enough peanut oil into a large skillet to cover the bottom with 2 inches of oil. Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and monitor temperature.
- Make the dredging mixture by combining flour, powdered sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, M.S.G. (if using), and baking soda in a shallow bowl or gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- Remove the chicken breast pieces from the fridge. Remove chicken pieces from milk mixture and tap off excess liquids.
- Working in small batches, toss the chicken breast pieces in the dredging mixture to coat. Place on a wire rack until ready to fry.
- Fry chicken in peanut oil in small batches for 4 to 5 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove nuggets from oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot.