These Chocolate Turtles are easy to make and easy to cook with. They make great gifts and candy for the holidays. They come together quickly by using the microwave to melt the caramel and chocolate. I like to include them in my Christmas candy trays with Peanut Brittle and Peanut Clusters (Crockpot or Microwave).
Here’s How to Prepare this Amazing CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE CLUSTERS ??
° 48 halves of pecans (get a little extra in case a bit breaks)
° 28 individually wrapped caramel
° 1 tablespoon cream
° 1 1/4 c sweet semi chocolate chips (I utilize Ghirardelli chips)
° 1 tsp oil coconut (optional)
- Cover a large butter paper with butter paper.
- Arrange the pecans in twelve Xs making four legs prominent.
- Peel the caramel and place in a bowl that can be heated in the microwave. Do not use a bowl that is too small. You will need to be able to move it around easily. Add cream and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds if heat has not melted for 15 seconds at 50% power interval.
- Stir between every once in a while. Stir and place a tablespoon full in the center of each batch of pecans. Leave it to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir until the bowl is not too warm.
- Continue heating at 15-30 second intervals at 50% until completely dissolved. Stir occasionally so that the bowl does not get too warm.
- Chocolate with a spoon is poured over the caramel; Spread and hover with the back of the spoon. Leave it to fully set for several hours. You can refrigerate the turtle to speed up the process.