This came from a very special friend Charlotte Taulbee. She worked for us at Spudnut. She was an amazing employee, a good friend and a beautiful person. I really like this spaghetti sauce, maybe because it always makes me think of Charlotte.
Charlottes Spaghetti Sauce
I don’t always have 3-4 hours to simmer, 30 minutes works also.
I don’t usually add 2 bay leaves, just me.
- 2 lbs. hamburger ( cooked and seasoned and grease drained)
- 1/2 lg. onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (29 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz. ) diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
- 1 Tlb. dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tlb. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Combine cooked hamburger and all remaining ingredients and simmer 3-4 hours.
- Serve with pasta