You could serve this tasty sauce over cauliflower and asparagus too. This is another recipe from Cookery for Entertaining, Jeri and I used this also when we were catering. I now use it at home for my family. Its a nice change from just broccoli.
Broccoli With Olive-Nut Sauce
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (2 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (2-1/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained, you can slice your own
- 3 lbs. fresh broccoli, trimmed
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Add almonds, lemon juice, garlic and olives. Let stand 1 hour to blend flavors Reheat before serving. May be refrigerated overnight and reheated.
- Place broccoli in a small amount of boiling water. Cover and cook until tender. Drain. Place in a serving dish. Pour sauce over broccoli. Makes 8 servings