This is a #Skinny 5 POINTPLUS with exceptional, and unique Flavor. Enjoy it since it’s at your fingertips”
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/8th inch thick
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small (6 ounce) zucchini, sliced 1/8th inch thick
- 1 smalll (6 ounce) yellow squash, sliced 1/8th inch thick
- 3 oz light Havarti cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large non-stick skillet add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tsp salt, black pepper, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes if using, bay leaf, thyme, basil, red and yellow bell pepper; sauté another 5-8 minutes on medium-low heat.
- In a large nonstick grill pan, grill the zucchini and eggplant 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add 1 cup of the sauce to a casserole dish. Layer the eggplant, squash and the zucchini. Pour the remaining sauce over the top and top with the cheese. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 3
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 185
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 11g
For the latest Diet Recipes, Meals Plan & tips to help you add more Happier & Healthier Lifestyle Routine to your day.
Follow us in PINTEREST By Clicking Here to get our latest Healthy Recipes , and Pin This NOW .. To Remember it !!!!