Welcome to the KMT Show, Kitchies! Today, We’re thrilled to share this fantastic Skinny 4 SMARTPOINTS Apple Enchiladas, that’s not only delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth but also perfect for those who are mindful of their SmartPoints. These enchiladas are packed with flavor, but they’re also low in SP, making them a perfect choice for anyone on a weight loss journey.
When it comes to desserts, we often think of traditional favorites like cakes and pies. However, these Apple Enchiladas offer a delightful twist on the usual sweets. With a SmartPoints value of just 4, you can indulge in their exceptional flavor without the guilt.
Table of Contents
Skinny 4 SMARTPOINTS Apple Enchiladas are a unique and flavorful dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Made with simple ingredients, these enchiladas are easy to make and come together in just 20 minutes. Simply spoon apple fruit filling down the center of a tortilla, sprinkle with cinnamon, and roll up. Place the enchiladas in a baking dish, pour over a sweet and buttery sauce, and bake until heated through. Serve warm and enjoy!
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
So, let’s get started KMT Show ! Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe so special :
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple fruit filling and topping (or your preferred fruit filling)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
It’s time to put on your KMT chef’s hat and start create your own version, Kitchies!! Simply follow these easy-peasy steps!
How to make Apple Enchiladas :
- Spoon the fruit filling evenly down the centers of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle them with a generous pinch of cinnamon.
- Roll up the tortillas, ensuring the seam side is down, and place them in a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter and the next three ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer while stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Pour this delectable sauce over the enchiladas, and let them stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes.
Master this recipe like a Pro/Expert with these helpful Tips:
- For a crispier crust, brush the tops of the enchiladas with melted butter before baking.
- Serve the enchiladas with your favorite toppings, such as whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel sauce.
- Leftover enchiladas can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
For those looking for a healthier twist, you can make a few adjustments to this recipe. Here are some suggestions:
Substitutions and Variations:
- For a different flavor, try using cherry, blueberry, or peach filling instead of apple filling.
- Add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips to the filling for extra flavor and texture.
Want to Make A Healthier VERSION:
For those looking for a healthier twist, you can make a few adjustments to this recipe. Here are some suggestions :
- For a lighter version, consider using reduced-fat margarine and less sugar.
- Use whole wheat tortillas and reduced-fat butter.
- Reduce the sugar in the sauce by half.
- Use unsweetened applesauce instead of canned apple filling.
Nutrition Information :
Please note that the following nutrition information is approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients, quantities used and serving sizes.
Calories: 300 kcal
And there you have it! A delightful Apple Enchiladas recipe that’s both delicious and mindful of your SmartPoints. Don’t forget to let us know how your dish turns out, and consider checking out more of our
Healthy Recipes for a happier and healthier lifestyle.
If you have any questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Apple Enchiladas!
Are you curious about anything else? Take a look at the most frequently questions Below we get about this recipe:
Don’t forget Sharing is Caring! let us know how your version of the recipe turns out! We’d love to hear about your cooking adventures and see your creations.
Feel free to Share your photos, leave a review, or drop a comment below. Your feedback and experiences are valuable to us and our community.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME US PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
Q: Can I use other types of fruit filling?
A: Yes, you can use other types of fruit filling, such as cherry, peach, or blueberry. Just make sure to use a filling that is not too runny, otherwise the enchiladas will be difficult to roll up.
Q: Can I add spices to the sauce?
A: Yes, you can add spices to the sauce, such as nutmeg, cloves, or ginger. Just add a small amount of each spice at a time and taste as you go until you reach the desired flavor.
Q: Can I use whole wheat tortillas?
A: Yes, you can use whole wheat tortillas for a healthier version of Apple Enchiladas. Just keep in mind that the tortillas may be a bit more difficult to roll up than regular flour tortillas.
Q: Can I add nuts or dried fruit to the filling?
A: Yes, you can add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the filling for extra flavor and texture. Just be careful not to add too much, otherwise the filling may be too thick and difficult to spread.
Q: How do I serve Apple Enchiladas?
A: Apple Enchiladas can be served warm or cold. They are often served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You can also garnish them with chopped nuts, dried fruit, or cinnamon.
Q: Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit filling?
A: Absolutely! You can use fresh apples or other fruits if you prefer. Just make sure to peel, core, and chop them into small pieces. You may need to add a bit of sugar and spices to achieve the desired flavor.
Q: Can I make these enchiladas in advance and reheat them later?
A: Yes, you can prepare the enchiladas in advance, but it’s best to add the sauce and bake them just before serving for the freshest taste and texture.
Q: Can I omit the cinnamon from the recipe?
A: While cinnamon adds a delightful flavor to the dish, you can omit it if you prefer or if you have dietary restrictions. The enchiladas will still taste great.
Q: What other dishes can I use this fruit filling for?
A: The fruit filling used in these enchiladas is versatile. You can also use it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or yogurt. It’s a quick way to add fruity goodness to various desserts.