Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 12 minutes Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 medium eggs, hard–boiled, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 2 celery stalks, chopped finely
- ½ cup (50 g) chopped dill pickles
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 g) good–quality mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 spring onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- Half fill a large saucepan with water; add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender.
- Place warm potatoes in a large serving bowl; add vinegar and toss to combine.
- Add eggs, red onion, celery, pickles and parsley; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and celery seeds in a small bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently into salad. Top with spring onions.
Per serving: 430 calories, 12 g protein, 24 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 178 mg cholesterol, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fibre.