------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
I found this I a old Taste of Home Pasta cookbook. I was easy and good. I did have some chicken I needed to use so I cooked it and add it. But it would be great without the chicken. It was very colorful as well.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat.