------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
Sunny’s German Chocolate Cake Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, such as Hershey’s
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, such as Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, sir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and blend until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful’s onto the prepared baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.