This is the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever found! I got this from Kevin’s sister Renda. I think the secret ingredient is the sour cream and the Crisco. I have made these lots of times, they are delicious.
An easy way to measure Crisco is get a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, fill it with water to 1 cup. Then add Crisco until water comes up to the 2 cup line. Pour off water and add Crisco to recipe. Very little mess!
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in sour cream.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt combine with a whisk. Then add flour to egg mixture a little at a time, until all incorporated.
- Chill until easy to handle.
- Roll out and cut into desired shape
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, cool and frost.
When edges of cookie start to turn brown, they are done. This makes a soft cookie.