How to Prepare STUFFING BALLS ??
White bread: 2 loaves
– Egg: 2
– Milk: 1 cup
– Water: 1 cup
– Butter: 1/4 cup
– Celery: 2 stalks (chopped)
– Onion: 1 (large, chopped)
– Green pepper: 1 small, chopped (optional)
– Salt, to taste
– Pepper, to taste
– Fresh parsley: 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Ground sage: 2 teaspoons
– Poultry seasoning: 1 1/2-2 teaspoons
– Turkey broth
1. To begin with, open the loaves of bread, allowing the bread to get stale for a day.
2. The bread should be teared into 1-1/2″ pieces, including the crusts.
3. Next, beat together the eggs with the milk and water. And please drizzle this mixture over the bread sparingly, and mix it in just to moisten.
4. Immediately saute the celery, onions, and green pepper in the butter until translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. You’ll want to add the warm celery and butter mixture to the bread.
6. You can then add the parsley and sprinkle in a little rubbed sage.
7. And please cover lightly with poultry seasoning.
8. Make sure to toss with your hands, gently.
9. The stuffing mixture should be pushed gently into the corner of the mixing pan, letting to sit to absorb the liquid in the bread, it takes about 30 minutes.
10. Always remember that the stuffing should be small balls similar to a baseball.
11. at this point, You may want to freeze the balls, just arrange on a baking sheet and flash freezing.
12. Right after getting frozen, place stuffing balls in the bread bag wrappers.
13. When ready to bake, place balls with about 1/4″ hot broth in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
14. Feel free to bake them either frozen or defrosted, adjust your time accordingly.
15. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until browned, basting a few times, about 30 minutes.