------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
This Pumpkin Dessert came from my mother-in-law, Velda Stowell. This is a dessert she would usually make at Thanksgiving.
This is a very easy and good dessert that start with a cake mix.
- 1 white cake mix- save out 1 cup dry mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 29 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cake mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cool Whip
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix ( be sure to remove 1 cup), melted butter and beaten egg.
- Mix and then spread out in a 9 x 13 cake pan
- In same mixing bowl after spreading cake mix mixture in pan. Mix all ingredients for filling together and then pour over bottom crust.
- For the topping mx all ingredients together, will be crumbly. Spread on top of pumpkin mix
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out of center clean
- Cool completely
- Frost with Cool Whip