------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
This recipe came from my Dad’s baby sister, my sweet Aunt Edith Holden. She was a great cook, a talented lady and was one of the nicest ladies I know. I have made this hundreds of time, it is always delicious!
- 6 bone in pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 4-6 potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash pork chops, pat dry and season with salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops and then place in a 9×13 baking dish
- In same skillet, sauté onions
- While onions are sautéing place potatoes on top of pork chops
- Remove onions from skillet and place on top of potatoes
- In same skillet, add 2 cans of cream of mushrooms soup and about 1/2 cup water, stir and simmer just until smooth. Pour on top of potatoes and onions.
- Cover with foil
- Bake for about 1 hour, until potatoes and pork chops are tender.