This recipe came from my friend Jeri Heal, I have made this recipe tons of times. I have the original recipe card she gave me. It is stained, torn barely readable. I have used bananas or strawberries in place of the pineapple. Delicious with which ever one you choose
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2-8 oz. containers Cool Whip
- 1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple, well drained
- additional chopped nuts, opt.
- Preheat oven to 300
- In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, flour and butter. I do it with a pastry blender. When blended add nuts and spread in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and cream cheese. When smooth stir in cool whip and spread over cooled crust.
- Spread drained pineapple on top of cream cheese layer.
- In mixing bowl combine pudding mixes and the milk. Mix until starts to thicken. Spread pudding on top of pineapple.
- Spread second container of Cool Whip on top pudding and top with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.