I found this recipe years ago, I never made it until a few days ago. I save hundreds of recipes with good intentions of making them. I’m finally getting around to some of them. This one I got out of a Family Fun Magazine 2005. It is now 2014 so I’ve been going to make it for a few years. This was easy and a nice change.
- 1 cup orange or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 carrots, grated (use the large grate)
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1-11oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- Mix yogurt and honey; fold in carrots, apples, celery, mandarin oranges sections and peanuts.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve chilled, on a bed of lettuce.
I didn’t add the peanuts in the salad, I sprinkled them on top of the salad. I also didn’t season it with salt and pepper.