------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
Every cook should have at least one good dessert up their sleeve, and this classic, lightly glazed lemon pound cake recipe should be yours.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray or butter and flour 2 loaf pans or one large Bundt pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each one.
- Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into centre comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto racks and cool completely.