I made these the other day, I love lemon, anything with lemon. This recipe came from a blog called Deliciously Sprinkled. This recipe was so easy, she used Pillsbury pie crust and took no time at all to whip up. Really yummy!!
- 1 (2 crusts) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding, dry
- 3 cups milk
- 1.Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray a 9×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2.Unroll both refrigerated pie crusts. Press both pie crusts into the bottom of the prepared pan, folding pie crust edges down. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 3.Once pie crust is cooled, remove pie crust from pan. Line the 9×9 inch pan with aluminum foil (see step 2 photo) before adding cream cheese, lemon pudding, and Cool Whip layer. This will make it easier to cut the bars when your ready to serve them.
- 4.To make layer one: In a medium size bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 cup of Cool Whip from the 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip. Spread on top of cooled crust.
- 5.To make layer two: In a medium size bowl, whisk together instant lemon pudding mix, and cold milk until pudding is thick. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- 6.To make layer three: Spread remaining Cool Whip topping on top of lemon pudding layer. Place in refrigerated until ready to serve.