How to Make this Easy Delish Kentucky Butter Cake Recipe Enjoy it and don’t forget to share it! Sharing is Caring!!
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c unsalted butter
2 c sugar
1 c milk
1 Tbsp white vinegar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 c sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter
3 Tbsp brandy (water can be substituted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan (12 cup).
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; approximately 5 minutes.
3. Mix milk and vinegar together in separate small bowl or measuring cup.
4. Add eggs one at a time to butter/sugar mixture stirring just until incorporated. Add the vanilla. Stir in milk/vinegar mixture and dry ingredients in intervals alternating between the two: stirring just until combined. Spoon into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven but do not remove from the pan.
5. Poke holes in the butter cake using the smaller end of a chopstick or similar sized instrument. Go close but not all the way through to the bottom. In small saucepan add sugar, butter and brandy. Place over medium low heat and stir very frequently until melted. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Slowly and carefully pour over poked holes. Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes from the time of removing it from the oven before inverting.