This is the easiest homemade ice cream recipe because you only need two ingredients, not an ice cream machine. Plus, you’ll find more than 50 ideas for ice cream flavors!
° 2 cups (16 oz / 450 ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
° 14 oz (1 can / 400 ml) sweetened condensed milk (skim or regular) cold
° 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Put sweetened condensed milk in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
- Using a stand or hand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Increase speed to high speed and beat until mixture thickens and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir it in with the vanilla extract (optional).
- Makie ice cream flavors
- Now that you have your own ice cream base you can add and select the flavors you want.
- GO NUTS! Try over 50 ice cream flavors in the My Freezer section of Gemma or experiment with your own and have fun creating something just right for you.
- In general, use two cups of ice cream base and add a blend to create your own flavors.
- Once you’re done making your flavors, transfer the ice cream mixture to an airtight container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.