I got this from a girl in our ward, her name is Holly Foutz. She is a great cook and a very sweet girl. These cookies are great and have a different twist, because you blend up the oatmeal. Toasting the nuts give them a great flavor.
Holly Foutz Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups oatmeal- blend in blender
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Milk chocolate chips & Walnuts or
- White chocolate chips & macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream the butter and the sugars, until fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla
- In separate bowl combine flour, blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Combine with a whisk. Add to butter mixture in 3 batches, mixing after each addition
- Mix in chocolate chips and toasted nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes