This is a #Skinny 7 SMARTPOINTS with exceptional, and unique Flavor. Enjoy it since it’s at your fingertips”
- 1/2 pound wild Alaskan salmon filet, fresh or frozen (if frozen thaw overnight in the refrigerator)
- kosher salt, to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 1/2 cups small-diced celery (4 stalks)
- 1/2 cup small-diced red bell pepper (1 small pepper)
- 1/2 cup small-diced yellow bell pepper (1 small pepper)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Season salmon with salt. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; when hot lightly spray with oil and add the salmon. Cook until browned on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes then turn and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until salmon easily flakes. Set aside on a dish to cool.
Add the olive oil to the pan, then add the the onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large saute pan over medium-low heat and cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Flake the salmon into a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and eggs. Add the vegetable mixture and mix well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, this will make them easier to shape and become less sticky.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape the batter into 15 (scant 1/4 cup each) cakes and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake about 10 to 12 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Servings: 15 • Size: 1 cake • Points +: 2 pts • Smart Points: 2
Calories: 87 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 7 g • Carb: 8 g • Fiber: 1 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 297 mg • Cholesterol: 23 mg
For the latest Diet Recipes, Meals Plan & tips to help you add more Happier & Healthier Lifestyle Routine to your day.
Follow us in PINTEREST By Clicking Here to get our latest Healthy Recipes , and Pin This NOW .. To Remember it !!!!