This is a #Skinny 2 SMARTPOINTS with exceptional, and unique Flavor. Enjoy it since it’s at your fingertips”
Prep time:20 minutes + 3 hours marinating time
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 5 onion rings
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ cup whole-wheat white flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Slice ends of the onion off, and take off the outer layer. Slice the onions in ½-inch to 1-inch rings and break the rings apart.
- Place the onion rings in a shallow baking dish, like a 13×9-inch casserole dish, and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover and let soak in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together the egg and egg white.
- In a third shallow dish, pour the panko bread crumbs.
- Pick up each onion ring individually and allow the excess buttermilk to drip off. Dip it in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Next, dip the onion ring in the egg wash allowing excess to drip off, and finally press into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Line the onion rings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes.
- Per Serving: (5 onion rings)
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 13
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- SmartPoints: 1
For the latest Diet Recipes, Meals Plan & tips to help you add more Happier & Healthier Lifestyle Routine to your day.
Follow us in PINTEREST By Clicking Here to get our latest Healthy Recipes , and Pin This NOW .. To Remember it !!!!