Servings: 10 egg rolls | Calories: 246 kcal
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups steak strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 slices provolone cheese, halved
- canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cracked pepper
- Fill your fryer or pot with at least 1 inch deep of canola oil. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a saute pan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the pepper strips and onions and cook until soft and tender (about 5 minutes), then toss in the steak and garlic powder, stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, place an egg roll wrapper on a clean dry surface and brush all the edges with the lightly beaten egg. Place a couple strips of the steak, pepper and onions and an angle in the center of the wrapper and top with half of a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling then fold in the right side and left side. Roll towards the remaining corner and seal closed.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and filling.
- Place two to three egg rolls in the hot oil at a time. Cook and turn for 3 to 5 minutes or until all sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel lined plate.
For the Sauce:
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add more horseradish if you want it with more of a kick.
- Serve egg rolls hot with a side of sauce. Enjoy!
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg