Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed dressing
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced onion ( I used less)
- 1 teaspoon Dion-style prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple-peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear-peeled cored and sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running add oil in a slow steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
Wonderful salad for the holiday seasons. Great to serve for dinner at home or to take to a family gathering. I loved this salad, it was a nice change from green salad. I got it from allrecipes.com.