Teriyaki Pineapple Beef Chops
- Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple slices in its own juice, drained, reserving juice
- Beef Chops
- 4 center cut Beef chops, 1/2 inch thick
- In small bowl combine marinade ingredients except pineapple. Place beef chops in a 2 quart glass dish or a zip lock bag; turn to coat.
- Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, turning once.
- When ready to barbecue, heat grill to medium high. Place beef chops on grill when heated.
- Cook about 8 minutes on each side or until fork tender or until no longer pink.
- Brushing frequently with marinade. Place pineapple slices on grill , cooking until thoroughly heated, turning once and brushing with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- To serve, place pineapple slice on top of beef chop
Break out of the “plain beef chop” routine with this oriental rendition.
You will need to think a little ahead, because you need to marinate these for at least 6 hours. Be sure you don’t cook them to long beef can dry out easily if cooked to long. Don’t forget the pineapple!