I got this from Damn Delicious. I loved this except for the tortillas were so mushy. I don’t know if it would have been better if they were a little thicker tortilla, they were quit thin. The flavor was amazing.
Slow Cooker Enchilada Stack
- •1 pound ground beef
- •1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- •1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- •1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- •1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- •2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- •1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce, divided
- •4 9-inch flour tortillas
- •2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- •1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced, for serving
- •1 Roma tomato, diced, for serving
- •2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- •Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and remove from heat.
- •Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce, reserving 1/2 cup.
- •Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread 1/3 ground beef mixture evenly over the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers; top with remaining tortilla, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- •Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours.
- •Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tomato and cilantro, if desired.