A dear friend of mine, Kristi Harris, shared this delicious cookie recipe with me. She gave my daughter in law, Brittany, these cookies after Gavin was born. They were so amazing I had to call and get the recipe (so not like me). As always, it was simple enough that I ventured to make it myself.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest until well blended. Add white chocolate chips
- 3.Drop a teaspoon full of dough into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll them around until they’re lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.