Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast|Calories: 360| Total Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 103 mg | Sodium: 113 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 35 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or raw cashews
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the basil, garlic, nuts, cheese, and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue blending until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pesto and combine the rest with the chicken in a casserole dish or freezer bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat, preheat a gas or charcoal grill over medium heat. Grill the chicken until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite side dish and the reserved pesto.