I don’t know where this original recipe came from. I found it on Pinterest. I have made these several times most of the time I don’t even make them into balls, just spread them out on wax paper and enjoy.
Most of the time I don’t add all the popcorn, because I like it a little more gooey.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 large marshmallows
- 5 quarts popped corn, no salt or butter
- In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup, butter, water, powdered sugar, salt and marshmallows. Stir until smooth ad just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and pour hot mixture over popcorn. Stir until all the popcorn is coated.
- Let mixture cool a few minutes before handling. Wet hands with a very small amount of water and form into popcorn balls. Press very firmly with hands while forming balls or they will fall apart. Place on wax paper to cool. When cool wrap in plastic wrap. ( you can also just spread on wax paper and let cool.