This is one of Teri’s recipes. The cake got its name because the cake is cracked with crevices when its done. This cake is really rich. If you love chocolate and cream cheese and the fact that this is super easy, this is the cake for you.
- 1 yellow or chocolate cake mix
- Hot Fudge for chocolate cake
- Caramel for yellow cake ( Teri likes Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel)
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( she used more
- Generous amount of coconut
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- Grease and flour bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
- Line bottom of pan with chopped pecans and coconut.
- In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese and butter. When smooth add powdered sugar until smooth.
- In separate mixing bowl mix 1 chocolate or yellow cake mix per instructions and pour over nuts and coconut.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonful’s onto the batter in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour ( You might want to but a cookie sheet under the 9×13 pan in case it bubbles over.)
- When cake it done let cool completely. Then chill
- When cake has chilled top with hot fudge for a chocolate cake or caramel for yellow cake.
Prep time includes cooling and chilling time.