------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
- 1 whole chicken, about 5lbs (I bough the one with the neck and giblets removed)
- ½ Tbsp cajun
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Plug in your crock pot, I found cooking on high worked well but you can cook on low too.
- Place 4 foil balls on the bottom of your crock pot, this will prevent the chicken from cooking in its own juices.
- Mix all your seasonings in a bowl.
- Rinse your thawed chicken under cold water.
- Sprinkle your seasonings all over the chicken, getting everywhere you can cover. You can change up your seasonings to please, there really is no right from wrong when it comes to seasoning it. Also you can make it more of a rub style by adding a bit of water to your mix.
- Place chicken in crock pot so it is resting on the foil balls, cook on high for 4-4.5 hours or low 7-8 hours. Chicken should reach a minimum temperature of 175F (you can check with a meat thermometer) Remove chicken, slice and serve.
SP Freestyle- 0SP is skin removed
Smart points- 1sp for 3oz
Points plus is 1pp per oz