------------- Advertisement - Continue Reading Below -------------
Rice is one of my favorite side dishes. This is one of Jeri’s recipes I’ve had for years. I like this one so much, I haven’t tried many others. Easy and taste good, so that’s why I have always used it.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped ham or salad shrimp
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Cook rice in water until done, let cool, keep covered for 15 minutes. If time allows, let cool in fridge.
- Heat oil in skillet, until very hot, add eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes. Break in small pieces while cooking
- Add onion, meat, rice, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Stir and cook over medium heat, about 8 minutes.